1. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of information that is stored in your browser and allows the website which you are browsing to save useful information, such as remembering the language you selected, options that you may have chosen or avoid you having to fill in your personal information over and over, each time you change page.
3. Types of cookies Different Travel S.L.U. uses
Most cookies we use are for storing the options selected by the user. Others are so as not to have to ask our registered clients to sign in each time they use the website. And some are created by external tools such as Microsoft Clarity.
Depending on the entity that manages them, the following can be distinguished:
• Own cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
• Third-party cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
On the other hand, depending on the period of time that they remain activated, we talk about:
• Session cookies: These are cookies used to allow monitoring of the activity carried out by the user in a session on a website. Once the user has left the website, when accessing it again, the activity carried out previously will not be recognized.
• Persistent cookies: This type of cookie allows a website to remember user information and settings in previous sessions, to offer faster and easier access, as well as to remember the information provided on the website about preferences or favorites, among others.
These cookies allow our website to remember actions you have carried out on our website, avoiding you having to do it again and again. This is the case of the “_favorites” cookie, which remembers the accommodations marked as favorite by the user.
Session cookies allow us to keep visitors connected with their login credentials until they close their browser. An example would be the “WEB-SESSION” cookie that is created once the visitor enters the website and allows us to offer them their booking history among other services.
Clarity is Microsoft’s free analytics tool that helps website owners know how users interact with their website and understand this behaviour. It is used to detect what works and what does not and to improve and optimise the website. It also enables cookies in the domain of the website where you are to collect information completely anonymously and thus report website trends without personally identifying individual users. We also use analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to study how users interact with the website after showing a specific online advert. We can also co-operate with external providers for analytical purposes. These companies need to introduce cookies to enable their services. They all undertake to make good use of standards and practices in data management.
We use our own and third party cookies to show the user personalised ads on our web pages, on other web pages and on social networks (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, among others). This is mainly based on the user’s activity, e.g. the destinations the user has searched for or the properties check previously. These cookies can also be used by third parties.
Specifically, the cookies and similar technologies used on the website are:
Cookies and other strictly necessary technologies:
|_ntu_uuid||Cookie||only-apartments||Uniquely identifies the user||Unlimited|
|_accept_required_cookies||Cookie||only-apartments||Records the strictly necessary cookies consent||Unlimited|
|_accept_analytics_cookies||Cookie||only-apartments||Records the statistical and analytical cookies consent||Unlimited|
|_favorites||Cookie||only-apartments||Stores the list of user’s favorite properties||30 days|
|ad-search||Localstorage||only-apartments||Stores the last searches parameters (dates and number of guests) to be used in following pages||Unlimited|
|ad-search-items||Localstorage||only-apartments||Stores the ids of the properties received as a result of the last searches.||Unlimited|
|idletimer||Localstorage||only-apartments||Stores the last time of activity of the user in the page.||Unlimited|
|visited_property_ids||Localstorage||only-apartments||Stores the ids of the properties seen by the user.||Unlimited|
|checkout_field:*||Sessionstorage||only-apartments||Stores the personal information that the user has filled out in the purchase form during the current session to avoid having to enter it several times.||Session|
|WEB-SESSION||Cookie||only-apartments||Stores the current session identifier||Session|
|CONSENT||Cookie||Google Maps||Google Maps consent||Unlimited|
|pref_currency||Cookie||Reserving / Central de Reservas||Stores the currency selected by the user||Session|
|cdr_session||Cookie||Reserving / Central de Reservas||Stores the current session identifier at reserving.com / centraldereservas.com||1 year|
Cookies and other technologies used for statistical and analytical purposes:
|_ntu_source||Cookie||only-apartments||Stores the source type of the user in the current session (organic, paid traffic, etc..)||30 days|
|_ntu_source_first||Cookie||only-apartments||Stores the source type of the user in the first session (organic, paid traffic, etc..)||Unlimited|
|_ntu_medium||Cookie||only-apartments||Stores the source medium of the user in the current session||30 days|
|_ntu_medium_first||Cookie||only-apartments||Stores the source medium of the user in the first session||Unlimited|
|_ntu_gclid||Cookie||only-apartments||Stores the source click of the user in the current session||30 days|
|_ntu_gclid_first||Cookie||only-apartments||Stores the source click of the user in the first session||Unlimited|
|_ntu_campaign||Cookie||only-apartments||Stores the source campaign of the user in the current session||30 days|
|_ntu_campaign_first||Cookie||only-apartments||Stores the source campaign of the user in the first session||Unlimited|
|_clck||Cookie||Microsoft Clarity||Used to differentiate users.||1 year|
4. Can cookies be disabled?
Yes, however, disabling cookies can affect your user experience on Different Travel S.L.U.’s Portals. To enable, disable or delete cookies, you need to follow the instructions below, depending on your browser.
- Internet Explorer 8 or higher: click on the “Tools” button, choose “Internet Options” and click on “Delete Browsing History”. Check the “Cookies” box, and click on “Delete”.
- Firefox 4.0 or higher: the menu button. and select Options. Preferences, go to Privacy & Security, and select Delete Browsing History. Select the Cookies and Website Data checkbox, and then click Delete.
- Google Chrome: Click the “Settings” button on the menu, choose “Show advanced options” and click “Clear browsing data” under “Privacy and Security”.
- Safari: Choose Safari > Preferences, click Privacy, then click Empty Cache, then click Empty.
- Do Not Track: by clicking on the “Adjust Settings” button on the https://allaboutdnt.com/ page and selecting, depending on browser type, the desired option, you can opt out of participating in the creation of a user profile, the storage of Hotjar data about your use of our site and the use of Hotjar tracking cookies on other websites.
5. More info on how cookies work
For more information on how cookies work or how to select the ones you want to allow and which to disallow for different browsers, click on the following link: Google Support
6. Call tracking
Tracking calls helps us measure adverts’ effectiveness for generating phone sales opportunities from our website.
It allows us to identify and measure calls made from a website when users visit it after clicking on an AdWords ad.
For this we use Google forwarding numbers such as +34974563436, +34974568886 and +34974568887, replacing Different Travel S.L.U.’s usual numbers.