1. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of information that is stored in your browser and allows the website which you are browsing to save useful information, such as remembering the language you selected, options that you may have chosen or avoid you having to fill in your personal information over and over, each time you change page.
3. Types of cookies Different Travel S.L.U. uses
Most cookies we use are for storing the options selected by the user. Others are so as not to have to ask our registered clients to sign in each time they use the website. And some are created by external tools such as Google Analytics.
These cookies allow our website to remember actions you have carried out on our website, avoiding you having to do it again and again. This is the case of the “_user_type_list” cookie, which remembers if the user is browsing the website in map or list view.
Session cookies allow us to keep visitors connected with their login credentials until they close their browser. An example would be the “WEB-SESSION” cookie that is created once the visitor enters the website and allows us to offer them their booking history among other services.
Google Analytics is Google’s free analytics tool that helps website owners know how users interact with their website and understand this behaviour. It is used to detect what works and what does not and to improve and optimise the website. It also enables cookies in the domain of the website where you are and it uses a set of cookies called “_utma” and “_umtz” to collect information completely anonymously and thus report website trends without personally identifying individual users. We also use analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to study how users interact with the website after showing a specific online advert. We can also co-operate with external providers for analytical purposes. These companies need to introduce cookies to enable their services. They all undertake to make good use of standards and practices in data management.
We use Hotjar, a technical service that helps us better understand the needs and experiences of our customers (for example, how much time they spend on pages, which links they click on, what they do and do not understand, etc), enabling us to improve and optimize our service.
We use our own and third party cookies to show the user personalised ads on our web pages, on other web pages and on social networks (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, among others). This is mainly based on the user’s activity, e.g. the destinations the user has searched for or the properties check previously. These cookies can also be used by third parties.
4. Can cookies be disabled?
Yes, however, disabling cookies can affect your user experience on Different Travel S.L.U.’s Portals. To enable, disable or delete cookies, you need to follow the instructions below, depending on your browser.
- Internet Explorer 8 o superior: haciendo clic en el botón “Herramientas”, eligiendo “Seguridad” y haciendo clic en “Eliminar el historial de exploración”. Activa la casilla “Cookies”, y haciendo clic en “Eliminar”.
- Firefox 4.0 o superior: haciendo clic en el botón “Herramientas”, eligiendo “Opciones” y haciendo clic en “Privacidad”, seleccionar la opción deseada.
- Google Chrome: haciendo clic en el botón “Configuración” del menú, selecciona la opción “Mostrar opciones avanzadas” y haciendo clic en “Configuración de contenido” dentro de la opción “Privacidad”.
- Safari: haciendo clic en el botón “Ajustes” selecciona la opción “Safari” y haciendo clic en “Preferencias” selecciona la pestaña “Privacidad”. Encontrarás la opción “Bloquear cookies”, tendrás que seleccionar la que se ajuste a tus necesidades.
- Do Not Track: by clicking on the “Adjust Settings” button on the https://allaboutdnt.com/ page and selecting, depending on browser type, the desired option, you can opt out of participating in the creation of a user profile, the storage of Hotjar data about your use of our site and the use of Hotjar tracking cookies on other websites.
5. More info on how cookies work
For more information on how cookies work or how to select the ones you want to allow and which to disallow for different browsers, click on the following link: Google Support
6. Call tracking
Tracking calls helps us measure adverts’ effectiveness for generating phone sales opportunities from our website.
It allows us to identify and measure calls made from a website when users visit it after clicking on an AdWords ad.
For this we use Google forwarding numbers such as +34974563436, +34974568886 and +34974568887, replacing Different Travel S.L.U.’s usual numbers.